We give tours to an average of over 1,500 guests a year! Being open six days a week, we can always use more help checking people and getting them on a tour!
The Guest Services Volunteer is an excellent help in selling, scheduling, answering calls, and getting people out on tours at the Museum. This position works very closely with the docents and volunteers of the collection.
Key Characteristics of a Guest Service Volunteer:
- An appreciation for people – The guest services volunteer may be the first face that the guests meet when they enter the Museum.
- Flexibility – wanting to learn and being able to do many different tasks at different times.
- Fill out a volunteer application.
- Attend a volunteer orientation.
- Schedule a meeting with the Guest Services Manager.
- Attend guest services training.
- Get put on the schedule as a guest services Volunteer.