Rate the Vehicle:(No Ratings Yet)
Between 1936 and 1972, nearly 75,000 models were built. The 170V model was by far the most popular Mercedes-Benz model manufactured up to that point. An abbreviation of “Vorn” (front) was added with a simple “V” to differentiate the model from the rear-engine 170H model.
- Between 1936 and 1939 it was Mercedes’ top selling model.
- The 170 V bodies sport external storage of the spare wheel on the car’s rear panel.
- Special versions of the four-door 170 V body style were manufactured and adapted for use as ambulances, police, mountain rescue service, military, and taxi work.
- First year of production for this Model W136, which was built through 1942
- The W136 model was built in both “saloon” (sedan) and coupe models
- Price new: 3,850 Deutsch Marks