They Marymount chapel, which contains two altars, is on the second floor in the center of the building. The “L-shaped” design allowed the boys to worship from one leg of the L, while the sisters would worship in the stalls in the leg to the south. Theodore Brasch created the murals along the walls and ceiling depicting Jesus and cherubs. The artist stayed at Marymount for six months in 1932, painting “when the spirit moved him.” The murals have been restored twice since then-once in 1980 and again in 1995. The stained glass windows each portraying a Dominican saint are from Chartres, France, and were created by Gabriel Loire. The one inch thick slabs were created by the traditional chisel and mallet method, instead of glass cutters, and cement was used in the channels, rather than lead or tin solder. This technique was considered antiquated when the windows were installed in 1962. The night after the windows were installed, the Columbus Day storm hit. High-speed winds knocked over more than 300 trees on the Marymount property, but the newly installed windows remained intact.